Okay, I know there are untold numbers of free photo editing software available already but this one does fill a gap in the range and is also very good. The problem with many free photo editors is they are often either too basic or too complex, PixBuilder Studio sits squarely in the middle ground, providing a nice balance of simplicity and features.
PixBuilder Studio’s intuitive interface will be familiar to many, with menus across the top and a tool selection bar to one side. Features range from the basics one would expect through to more advanced editing such as layers – main features include:
- Image resizing, rotating, and crop function.
- Brightness/Contrast, Color balance, Levels, Hue/Saturation, and Color fill.
- Auto Contrast and Auto Levels.
- Built-in high quality effects: blur effects, sharpen effects, dithering, and more.
- Flexible selection management functions, such as transparency masks, magic wand, different lasso tools, single column selection, color range function, and the gradient color transition effect that gives you the ability to draw complex raster shapes and apply effects for complex areas.
- Layers concept makes your work more effective and efficient.
- Text layers with drop shadow.
- A full set of brush-based tools, such as the stamp tool, healing brush, replace color tool, and others.
- Built-in shapes drawing tools (rectangles, circles, and lines).
- Free transform and Selection transform.
PixBuilder Studio also includes a very handy help file, not one which will necessarily teach you all the finer points, but will certainly help you get there. So, if you are looking for an image editor which provides some nice advanced features without being overly complex, I suggest you take a look at PixBuilder Studio.
Oh, by the way: PixBuilder Studio’s home page includes a reference to a portable version but I could not locate any specific download details. So I sent an email to the support team and promptly received this excellent reply:
The download includes both versions Standard + Portable. When you launch the installation file the program will ask you what version you wish to install (Standard or Portable).